
Welcome to the first edition of my new, irregularly updated column I call "I'm Just Saying".
This segment is about the Lone Ranger. He wasn't really "lone" was he?
I just finished re-watching not one, but two volumes of the original television episodes of the black and white TV series starring Clayton Moore.
No offense to George W. Trendle and his creation, but wouldn't "Masked Ranger" have made more sense?
Really, through the entire first two seasons of this show when exactly was he alone? This guy was never alone.
Sure, I know the story behind his origin and how he chose the name, he was the sole survivor of a posse of Texas Rangers gunned down by wild west baddies, but he chose to be masked to get revenge, not lone.
Hell, everywhere he went, people knew him, he had friends. Tonto himself was by his side almost constantly...a scary thought. Even when Tonto wasn't with him, he was always hanging out with someone who knew him. For a guy that was supposed to be dead and hiding his identity with a mask, how was it exactly that there was at least one person that knew him in every town he and Tonto rode into?
There was nothing lone about him. Hell he didn't even make his own silver bullets and paraphernalia, he had another buddy who lived in a cabin who did that for him, like Bruce Wayne has Luscious Fox or Bond has Q.
Honestly, aside from the first episode, I don't think there's a frame where this guy was ever alone, I think he and Tonto must have gone to the bathroom together like girls do when they go out.
Masked Ranger just would have made more sense.
I'm Just Saying...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment, we'll review it and post it soon.